Fresno Hotels - Where to Stay?Need recommendations for Fresno Hotels while you're in the area for business or visiting friends?
Or maybe you are just passing through on your way to Yosemite National Park or Kings Canyon National Park but need a Fresno hotel for a night or two? No problem!
If you perform a quick search on Expedia or Travelocity, you will find that there are about 50 hotels in the Fresno and Clovis area. Sorting through them is a time-consuming and unpleasant task, especially if you are not familiar with the area.
Well, we?ve done the work for you and narrowed the list of Fresno hotels down for you.
Avoid the downtown Fresno hotels (Radisson, La Quinta) and airport Fresno hotels (Holiday Inn Airport, Courtyard Marriot Airport) unless you really have to be in those areas.
The downtown and airport areas are somewhat isolated and there is not much to do there, especially in the evenings.
The hotel list was further narrowed based on the following criteria:
a) Location ? hotel has to be in a location close to restaurants, shopping and easy access to the freeway
b) Age of property ? hotel must not be too old (hotels like the Four Points Sheraton, Best Western Village Inn and Ramada Inn were all built in the early 70s. Even though they have been remodeled, older hotels tend to have thin walls, louder heating/cooling systems, etc. So we prefer to avoid those as well.
c) Best price to value - These days, free high speed internet access is almost a must and free breakfast is very convenient.
How did we come up with those criteria? Well, those are the same things we look for when we travel and when we look for hotels.
Here are your best bets for Clovis and Fresno hotels based on the above criteria:
1) Best Western Clovis Cole ? Built in 1997, 58 rooms, 3 floors, complimentary high speed internet access and continental breakfast.
AAA - 3 Diamonds rating
2) Comfort Suites Fresno ? Built 1998, 70 rooms, 3 floors, complimentary high speed internet access and continental breakfast. AAA - 3 Diamonds rating.
3) Country Inn and Suites Fresno ? Built 1997 (this used to be the Fairfield Inn Marriott), renovated 2004. 60 rooms, 3 floors, complimentary high speed internet access and breakfast. 2-star rating.
4) Courtyard Marriott Fresno ? Built 1986, hotel will be undergoing renovation from Feb 22 to May 16, 2005. 146 rooms, 3 floors. 3-star rating. Complimentary high speed internet access. AAA ? 3 Diamonds rating
5) Hampton Inn and Suites Fresno ? Built 2004, 85 rooms, 4 floors, complimentary high speed internet access and hot continental breakfast
6) Residence Inn by Marriott Fresno ? Built 1996, 120 suites with fully equipped kitchens, 3 floors, complimentary high speed internet access and hot breakfast. AAA ? 3 Diamonds rating.
If you are staying longer in the Fresno area and would more amenities for your extended stay, you should check out Residence Inn and:
Townplace Suites by Marriott Fresno ? Built 2000, 92 suites with fully equipped kitchen including coffee maker, cooking and eating utensils, dishes and glassware, dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator with icemaker; 3 floors. Complimentary high speed internet access.
If you want a hotel that is far from the freeway, the Best Western Clovis Cole will probably be your best choice.
If you want the Newest hotel, the Hampton Inn and Suites Fresno is your choice. This Fresno hotel just opened in October 2004.
If you're on your way to Yosemite and would like to be in the Northern end of Fresno and close to Highway 41, either the Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites Fresno are your best bets. Townplace Suites would be good too. Those 3 Fresno hotels are located north of Herndon Avenue.
Tips for a good hotel stay:
1) Always feel free to ask for a quiet room, one that faces AWAY from the street or the freeway. Put in your requests when making the reservation.
2) Most hotels these days have a best rate guarantee on their website so if you find a lower rate elsewhere, they will honor that lower rate and even give you an additional 10 to 25% discount!
3) Don?t forget that published rates exclude the 10-12% tax.
4) If you have AAA, don?t forget to use it. The AAA card will generally give you a 5-10% discount.
If you'd like to save some money, you might want to try Priceline.com where you can Our sincere hope is that with this hotel list, you will have a great stay in the Fresno and Clovis area.
Now that you've found a hotel, it's time to think about Food!
There's no reason to have a bad meal in Fresno. Find out where to eat in Fresno Restaurants.